India’s first tablet based ENGLISH OLYMPIAD Test
Tests reading, grammar, vocabulary as well as listening skills
The Hindu STEP English Olympiad is India’s first and most comprehensive English Olympiad. These tests are developed in association with Cambridge English Language Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge, UK which is a premier institution that sets the standard for English proficiency across the world. Specially tailored for school students, it tests their reading, listening, grammar and vocabulary skills using best-in-class technology, content and testing techniques.
The Hindu STEP English Olympiad is a platform that
- Helps your students benchmark their English to global standards
- Provides students with tools that will help them prepare and continue learning even after completion of the test
- Brings in best-in-class technology, testing techniques and content through the right partnerships with global leaders across all three fields
- Helps lay the foundation for a successful career by instilling stellar communication skills
- Gives a detailed assessment that also provides students with recommended Cambridge English Language Assessment exam level that they can take
STEP – Standardized Test of English Proficiency, is an initiative by The Hindu Group in the education sector in 2016. STEP helps Indian youth assess and improve their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in English. STEP was publicly launched on Aug 15, 2016 with assessment for reading, writing and listening skills. More than 300,000 users have joined STEP to assess and improve their English Proficiency in the last 18 months. STEP has benefited beginners, students, job seekers, young professionals, exam aspirants and home makers alike.
Cambridge English Language Assessment is part of the University of Cambridge. They develop and produce the most valuable range of qualifications for learners and teachers of English in the world. Over 5 million people in 130 countries take their exams every year. Around the world over 20,000 universities, employers, government ministries and other organisations rely on their exams and qualifications as proof of English language ability.
- Latest Technology – the test is tablet-based and employs the top testing techniques compared to other Olympiads.
- Unmatched Credibility – the test is brought to you by The Hindu Group and Cambridge English Language Assessment, two highly recognized institutions with regard to English proficiency.
- Most Comprehensive – the test covers the entire spectrum of English language. No other Olympiad tests listening skills, which are an integral part of our test.
- Truly Global – The Hindu STEP English Olympiad will benchmark your students’ English to global standards.
- Detailed Assessment – the test generates structured reports that help identify weaknesses and provides tools for improvement and recommend the appropriate Cambridge English Language Assessment exam level that can be taken.
- Unique Recognition – all participating schools and students will receive a certificate from The Hindu Group and Cambridge English Language Assessment.
- Convenient for schools – tablets will be brought by the Olympiad organisers for testing and the schools need not worry about the logistics at all.
- Attractive prizes – prizes up-to ₹ 50,000 in value for top students and schools in every region.
- All participants will get a certificate from The Hindu Group and Cambridge English language assessments, UK.
- All participating students and schools will get a rank, and each student will get a detailed report on strengths and weaknesses.
- The entire country will be divided into 30 regions and top 3 students in each region will get cash prizes worth ₹ 12500, ₹ 5000 and ₹ 2000 and certificates.
- Certificate from The Hindu Group & Cambridge English for a school if 50% of students who participated are in the top 20 percentile.